Dates Announced for LEED 2009 Launch, LEED AP Exam
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has announced that LEED 2009 (including the new LEED Online) will launch officially on April 27, 2009. The same date will see the transition of LEED project registration and certification to the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), the third party that also administers the LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) credential (see EBN Jun. 2008).
Projects may be registered under either the new or the old LEED rating system until June 27, 2009, from which point all projects must be registered for LEED 2009. Beginning with the April launch and going through September 27, 2009, GBCI will be encouraging projects currently registered under the existing LEED Online system to migrate to the new system.
With the administration of the LEED AP credential having transitioned to GBCI in 2008 (see EBN Jan. 2009), several versions of previous LEED AP exams will be retired and new versions introduced. Below are some important transitional dates for LEED AP exams.
- December 31, 2008: LEED AP Existing Buildings exam retired
- March 31, 2009: Deadline to register for LEED AP New Construction or LEED AP Commercial Interiors exams
- May 2009: New LEED Green Associate exam launched
- May 2009: New LEED AP Operations & Maintenance Exam launched
- June 2009: New LEED AP Homes Exam launched
- June 30, 2009: LEED AP New Construction and LEED AP Commercial Interiors exams retired (last day to take exam)
- Fall 2009: New LEED AP Building Design & Construction and LEED AP Interior Design & Construction exams launched.
– Andrea Ward